Cruachan Visitor Centre is proud to have been awarded the Gold Award for Green Tourism in 2015.
Green Tourism is the largest sustainable certification programme of its kind. A Green Tourism award shows that a business has been independently assessed and certified.
The award recognises places to stay and visit that are taking action to support the local area and the wider environment. It’s the largest sustainable (green) scheme to operate globally and assesses hundreds of places to stay and visit.
Businesses that meet the standard for a GTBS award receive a Bronze, Silver, or Gold award based on their level of achievement. Areas that a business are assessed on include Management and Marketing, Social Involvement and Communication, Energy, Water, Purchasing, Waste, Travel, Natural and Cultural Heritage and Innovation.
For further information www.green-tourism.com
Cruachan Visitor Centre Green Tourism Policy
At Cruachan Visitor Centre, we are committed to providing an excellent service whilst protecting the environment. A symbol of this commitment is our membership of The Green Tourism Business Scheme. This scheme provides accreditation and encouragement for tourism businesses to reduce the environmental impact of their activities, and by encouraging sustainable practices it ensures the continued enjoyment of Scotland for future generations.
Through our membership of The Green Tourism Business Scheme we have committed to:
- Comply with requirements of environmental legislation and approved codes of practice
- Continuously seek to improve our environmental and social performance
- Reduce pollution, emissions and waste
- Reduce the use of energy, water and other resources
- Raise awareness, encourage participation and train employees in sustainable business practices
- Expect similar environmental standards from all suppliers and contractors
- Liaise with the local community
- Minimise our risks associated with social and environmental issues
Green Tourism Offer
Discounted places are available on our guided tours for persons arriving by public transport, on foot or by bicycle. This offer is subject to availability and booking is strongly recommended to prevent disappointment.