Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Website Terms and Conditions
www.visitcruachan.co.uk/ is a site operated by Drax Group plc (“We”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 05562053 and have our registered office at Drax Power Station, Selby, YO8 8PH. Our VAT number is GB 744 3264 37.
To contact us, please use the ‘contact us‘ page.
By using our site, you confirm that you accept these terms and that you agree to comply with them. If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our site through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
We recommend that you bookmark a copy of these terms for future reference.
These terms are made up of the following sections, which all apply to your use of our site, and which we may update and change from time to time:
These terms, their subject matter and their formation (and any non-contractual disputes or claims) are governed by English law. We both agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Visitor Terms and Conditions
- Please read these terms and conditions carefully before booking your tickets.
- By purchasing tickets through https://www.visitcruachan.co.uk (the “Website”) you are entering into an agreement with Drax Pumped Storage Limited (“Drax”). Drax is a company registered in England and Wales under company number 06657336 with its registered office at Drax Power Station, Selby, YO8 8PH.
- These terms and conditions of sale are additional to and not a substitute for the general terms and conditions of use of the Website that can be found here.
- Tickets booked through the Website are valid for visits to Cruachan Power Station on the applicable visitation date only, save where the visit is rescheduled by Drax pursuant to clause 2 of these terms and conditions.
- Tickets and cancellations
- Please ensure you have checked the Website before your planned visit to confirm Cruachan Power Station is open for visitors that day.
- Drax reserves the right to close all or part of Cruachan Power Station to visitors at short notice if it believes (in its sole discretion) there is good reason to do so, including but not limited to instances:
- where there is a risk to the health and safety of visitors or staff;
- where Drax is operationally required to do so due to the needs of the business; or
- due to any other event, act or accident beyond Drax’s reasonable control.
- Drax reserves the right to refuse entry to any person if for any reason Drax suspects (in its sole discretion) there is a risk to Cruachan Power Station, the public or staff on site.
- Tickets are non-refundable or exchangeable.
- If your visit is cancelled for any reason, including under any of the circumstances set out in clause 2.2 of these terms and conditions, Drax will reschedule your visit to an alternative date. Alternatively, you may be entitled to a refund. The maximum refund payable will be the face value of the ticket. All refunds will be made using the original payment method and only the original purchaser of the tickets will be eligible for a refund.
- Visiting the site
- In purchasing a ticket, you agree that you will comply with all site policies and applicable health and safety requirements in place at the site. Your tour guide will outline all applicable rules at the start of your tour and you must respect and comply with these rules for the duration of your visit. Drax reserves the right to ask you to leave the site at any point if you do not comply.
- Limitation of liability
- Drax’s maximum liability for any losses you may suffer as a result of any cancellation or as a result of any breach of these terms and conditions is strictly limited to the face value price of the ticket(s) purchased.
- Drax does not accept liability for any indirect or consequential loss of any kind in contract, tort or otherwise.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions limits any liability which cannot be legally limited or excluded, including but not limited to, liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence, or fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- You can pay for your ticket(s) using the following debit or credit cards: Visa Credit; Visa Debit; Visa Electron; Visa Purchasing; V Pay; Mastercard; Mastercard Debit; and International Maestro.
- All cardholders may be subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to or does not, for any reason, authorise payment to Drax, Drax will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery.
- Upon providing Drax with details of the payment card and submitting your order you:
- confirm and undertake that the information contained within the order is true and accurate; and
- authorise Drax to deduct from the payment card account the full price of the ticket(s).
- Payment for the tickets is taken in advance when the tickets are purchased and not on the date of your visit.
- Drax will take all reasonable care to keep all information connected with your order secure but cannot be held liable for any loss that you may suffer if a third party obtains unauthorised access to any data, including credit and account details you provide when accessing or ordering from the Website, unless this is solely due to Drax’s negligence.
- Data protection
- When purchasing a ticket, you will be required to submit your personal details. Drax will use and take care of any personal information you supply in accordance with data protection legislation. By purchasing a ticket, you agree to the collection, retention and usage of your personal information for the purposes of contacting you about your booking. Drax will not use your personal data for any other purpose.
- Law and jurisdiction
- These terms and conditions of sale shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. If any of these terms or conditions of sale should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise enforceable, it shall be deemed deleted and the remaining terms and conditions shall survive and continue to be binding and enforceable.